As a fully contributing member of the National Fire Chiefs Council, Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service supports and adopts a number of position statements, listed below:
- Unwanted Lift Rescues - This procedure launched on 1st April 2020 and aims to reduce the number of lift rescues NFRS attends within Nottinghamshire.
- Suppression Systems Position Statement - This statement advocates the use of suppression systems in commercial premises.
- Stay Put Policy - In response to the investigation into the Grenfell tragedy, the National Fire Chiefs Council has issued advice for those implementing a Stay Put Policy.
- NFCC Simultaneous Evacuation Guidance (.pdf, 36 pages) - Technical guidance from the National Fire Chiefs Council on arrangements to support a temporary change to the evacuation strategy in purpose-built blocks of flats during short periods of increased risk.
- Sleepover Guidance - After rising numbers of reports of sleepovers in premises that do not have adequate fire precautions in place, NFRS has issued guidance for those planning a sleepover.