Around 800 people work for Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, in a range of exciting, challenging, and rewarding roles.
Most of our staff are wholetime and retained firefighters who respond to a variety of emergency incidents, such as fires, floods, and road traffic collisions, and carry out regular home safety checks as well as much more.
However, we also employ staff in a number of other roles who are paramount in keeping the organisation's wheels turning – these include Fire Control operators, who receive and manage 999 calls, Fire Protection Officers who are responsible for Fire Safety legislation, community safety and education experts, and a team of support staff that covers administration, performance monitoring, training, vehicle maintenance, equipment development, property management, mapping, ICT, human resources, corporate communications, and finance.
All of our staff are passionate about serving our communities and, ultimately, helping to create a safer Nottinghamshire. If you're interested in joining our team, please look at our Careers page.
Other useful links
- Employee Gifts and Hospitality Register (.xlsx, 1 page, 13Kb)
- Statement of Pay Policy 2021 (.pdf, 16 pages, 274Kb)
- Senior Salary Report 2022 - 20223 (.pdf, 52 pages, 788Kb)
- NFRS - Gender Pay Gap report 2022 (.doc, 8 pages, 151Kb)
- Home Office statistics on Fire Service workforce and workforce diversity (Opens in a new window)