Statement of Responsibilities for the Statement of Accounts
The Authority's Responsibilities
The Authority is required to:
- make arrangements for the proper administration of its financial affairs and to secure that one of its officers has the responsibility for the administration of those affairs. In this Authority, that officer is the Treasurer;
- manage its affairs to secure economic, efficient and effective use of resources and safeguard its assets;
- approve the Statement of Accounts.
The Treasurer's Responsibilities
The Treasurer is responsible for the preparation of the Authority’s Statement of Accounts in accordance with proper practices as set out in the CIPFA / LASAAC Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom (the Code).
In preparing this Statement of Accounts, the Treasurer has:
- selected suitable accounting policies and then applied them consistently;
- made judgements and estimates that were reasonable and prudent;
- complied with the local authority Code.
The Treasurer has also:
- kept proper accounting records which were up to date;
- taken reasonable steps for the prevention and detection of fraud and other irregularities.
The Treasurer to the Authority is Mrs Becky Smeathers.
This Statement of Accounts is that upon which the auditor should enter his opinion and certificate. It presents a true and fair view of the financial position of the Authority at 31 March 2021 and its income and expenditure for the year then ended.
This Statement of Accounts is authorised for issue on 31st July 2021 by the Treasurer to the Authority. This is the date up to which events have been considered for recognition in the Statement of Accounts.
Date: 31st July 2021