Wholetime window: The application window is currently closed
Application criteria - wholetime:
- You must live within one of these Borough/District Council areas: Mansfield District Council, Ashfield District Council, Bassetlaw District Council, Newark & Sherwood District Council, Gedling Borough Council, Broxtowe Borough Council, Rushcliffe District Council, Nottingham City Council. Unless you are or have been in the last three years, a serving member of the armed forces (or you are the direct relative of somebody who serves, or has served).
- You must be aged 18 or over on the date, your training course begins.
- Hold a level 2 qualification in Maths and English (GCSE A*-C or 4-9 or equivalent). You will be required to provide evidence of this if your application is successful.
- You must be confident in and around water and be able to swim the length of a pool - minimum 25 metres.
- Have no known phobia of heights or confined spaces.
- You must be able to attend a three-month-long training course at our Service Development Centre. The dates of this course are non-negotiable.
- You must be able to travel between stations as and when necessary - bearing in mind you could be posted anywhere across the county.
Contingency crews: The application window is currently closed
Application criteria - contingency:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must meet fitness and medical standards
- You must have no unspent criminal convictions (a Basic Criminal disclosure check will be undertaken)
- Firefighter recruitment fitness guide (.pdf, 41 pages, 13.5Mb)
- Medical guidance (.pdf, 5 pages, 923Kb)
- For minimum English and Maths qualifications (or equivalent) please refer to the Governments Level 3 Apprenticeships guidance
- Behavioural Framework (.pdf, 10 pages, 1.9Mb)
- Online Guidance Booklet (.pdf, 23 pages, 1.9Mb)
- Person Specifications (.pdf, 4 pages, 137Kb)
- Reasonable Adjustments Guidance (.pdf, 2 pages, 115Kb)
- Terms and Conditions (.pdf, 5 pages, 130Kb)
- Candidate Information (.pdf, 2 pages, 112Kb)