You can use the translation service powered by Microsoft Azure to translate NFRS pages into a variety of other languages.

Please note:

This will refresh the page.

Translations cannot be guaranteed as exact and may include incorrect or inappropriate language. We cannot control the quality or accuracy of the Microsoft service.

In an emergency call 999
For general enquiries call 01158388100
Monday - Friday -

Fire cover public consultation is now open: visit our consultation page for more information about the proposed changes and you can have your say by filling in our consultation survey.

Comments and Complaints


Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service

Corporate Administration
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
Joint Headquarters
Sherwood Lodge
Tel: 0115 838 8100
-  Monday - Friday
Text: 07766 299 999 (aimed at Deaf communities)
(use this address for the Chief Fire Officer)

Local Government Ombudsman

Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Tel: 0300 061 0614

Nottinghamshire's Local Councillors

City Councillors
County House
Old Market Square
County Councillors
County Hall
West Bridgford


We want to sort out complaints as quickly and easily as possible. This guide tells you how to make a complaint about our service.

WHAT TO DO if you have a complaint...

Step 1

The quickest way is to speak to the person you have been dealing with. If you don’t want to speak to that person directly, ask to speak to their manager.

Step 2

If you feel that the issue cannot be dealt with at a local level you may wish to register a formal complaint.

Four ways to make a formal complaint:

  • Write us a letter saying why you are dissatisfied and send it to Fire Service Headquarters at the address given above
  • Give us a ring on 0115 838 8100
  • Visit us at any fire service premises, or we may be able to arrange a home visit
  • Email

Your complaint will be acknowledged within two working days. A senior manager will investigate and reply to you within 10 working days telling you what they have found and what we intend to do to answer your complaint.

Step 3

If you feel that our response does not fully answer your complaint you should write to the Chief Fire Officer at Fire Service Headquarters. He will consider the matter and then write back to you.

Step 4

You can also write to the Local Government Ombudsman or your local councillor who may decide to undertake an independent investigation on your behalf. These addresses are given on the back of this leaflet.

Compliments, Suggestions & Comments

If you have any ideas that you think can improve our services please tell us.

You can also make a comment, suggestion or pay us a compliment in the same way as you can make a complaint.