Firefighters across Nottinghamshire are set to hang up their fire kit and pick up the buckets this month, to wash cars for charity.
Stations including Mansfield, Blidworth, Ashfield, Edwinstowe, Warsop, Southwell, Collingham, Newark, Bingham, West Bridgford, Hucknall, Carlton and Highfields will be welcoming motorists and their cars, for a donation to The Fire Fighters Charity.
The charity helps thousands of firefighters, support staff and their families each year with rehabilitation and recovery from injury, also supporting them with their return to work, and it could not do this without donations from organised events.
Nationally, the charity organises car wash events in March and September annually, and last year NFRS raised a total of £8783.60 from 25 separate events.
The Fire Fighters Charity's Service Co-ordinator for Nottinghamshire, Firefighter Arron Enever said: "The Fire Fighters Charity helps so many fire service personnel and their families up and down the country each year, including those in Nottinghamshire.
"We are hoping to get as many people to come to the events as possible to raise money for such a great cause.
"Not only will you not have to do any of the hard work of washing your car yourself, which we know can be a chore, but you will also be able to meet your local firefighters and even benefit from some fire safety advice.
"This is a great opportunity to come down and support your local firefighters and for a donation of your choice, you will be helping to give support to those who need it in the national firefighting community.
"So why not come along and get your car sparkling clean, all in the name of a good cause."
Car washes will take place between 10am and 3pm at the following stations:
- Saturday 4 March 2017 – Mansfield Fire Station
- Saturday 4 March 2017 – Ashfield Fire Station
- Saturday 4 March 2017 – Warsop Fire Station
- Saturday 4 March 2017 – Carlton Fire Station
- Sunday 5 March 2017 – West Bridgford Fire Station
- Saturday 11 March 2017 – Bingham Fire Station
- Saturday 11 March 2017 – Newark Fire Station
- Saturday 18 March 2017 – Hucknall Fire Station
- Saturday 18 March 2017 – Southwell Fire Station
- Saturday 25 March 2017 – Blidworth Fire Station
- Saturday 25 March 2017 – Collingham Fire Station
- Saturday 25 March 2017 – Edwinstowe Fire Station
- Saturday 25 March 2017 – Highfields Fire Station
Information on the locations of these stations can be found here.