Nottinghamshire County Councillor, Michael Payne, has been appointed Chair of the Nottinghamshire and City of Nottingham Fire Authority at the Authority's Annual General Meeting held at Service Headquarters on Friday 7 June.
Councillor Payne, Deputy Leader of Gedling Borough Council, a member of the Fire Authority since 2013, was elected Vice-Chair in 2017. Councillor Toby Neal was elected the new Vice-Chair.
In his opening address as Chair, Cllr Payne welcomed eight new Members to the Authority following the local elections in May. He also took the opportunity to thank previous Members, including former Chair, Councillor Brian Grocock, who had served on the Fire Authority for 22 years.
The new members of the Authority are:
Appointments were also made to the sub-committees of the Authority. The Chairs of each committee are:
- Policy and Strategy Committee - Councillor Michael Payne
- Human Resources Committee - Councillor Shuguftah Quddoos
- Community Safety Committee – Councillor Nick Raine
- Finance and Resource Committee – Councillor John Clarke
- Personnel Committee – Councillor Toby Neal
- Appointments Committee – Councillor Michael Payne
- Strategic Inclusion Board – Councillor Michael Payne