As a Service we believe there is great value in working with other people and organisations. The aims of Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service are shared by many others and pooling ideas, effort and resources can often lead to greater success than working alone.
We work in partnership with public sector colleagues across the whole county including the county, city and district councils, other emergency services, the NHS, Probation Service and the Environment Agency.
Other partners are found in utility companies, housing associations and the voluntary sector such as Age UK, NAVO, NCVS and Self Help Nottingham.
We work with organisations to support our aims in different ways, for example:
- Local councils and housing associations through Community Safety and Crime Reduction Partnerships to help make vulnerable people safer.
- Working with councils and local businesses to support growth and prosperity in our communities. These include destination North Nottinghamshire and the Bassetlaw Public and Third Sector Partnership.
- Nottinghamshire Police, East Midlands Ambulance Service, local authorities and other partners in the Nottingham Local Resilience Forum to plan responses in the event of a major incident.
- Nottinghamshire Police to coordinate delivery of resources in response to planned and non-planned events
- East Midlands Ambulance Service when responding to incidents, and to mobilise NFRS Emergency First Responders to provide vital medical care prior to the arrival of the ambulance crew.
- The British Red Cross Emergency Response Service, which gives emergency aid and support to people who have been forced to leave their homes as a result of fire or flooding.
- As a delivery partner to The Prince's Trust we offer new life and personal development opportunities to young adults.
- By raising money and awareness for The Fire Fighters Charity, the UK's leading provider of services that enhance quality of life for serving and retired firefighters, fire personnel and their families. The charity's vision is to make a positive difference by supporting people in the fire and rescue community when they are in need. Over the years, they have helped hundreds of thousands of individuals by providing world-class treatment and support services, including many from our own Service. It costs over £9 million per year to keep the Charity running, and they are completely reliant upon donations and fundraising. To support this, our staff undertake events such as car washes, street collections and endurance challenges. Check for event details on Facebook and Twitter.