Have you ever thought about how you would get out of your property in the event of an emergency?
Every second counts in that kind of situation. If you have a escape route planned it will save you valuable time and ensure you and your family can get to safety.
Preparation is key
- Plan your escape route and practice with everyone in your home.
- Keep mobile phones close by in case you need to call 999.
- Make sure everyone knows where door and window keys are kept.
Why do I need one?
- Your home will look different in the dark and filled with smoke.
- Use your normal route out the house as your escape route.
- Plan a second route, just in case.
If you can't get out:
Get everyone into one room.
Close the door and stay by an open window.
Call 999 and ask for the fire service.
Looking for a leaflet? Click the image below to download printable fire safety advice.