Based on Watnall Road, Hucknall Fire Station is part of the Service's North Group. The station, and the staff that serve there, provide fire cover to Hucknall and the surrounding areas.
The station is staffed by on-call staff only, who carry pagers with them and respond from home, or another place of work, whenever required. Historically, there has been a provision of fire cover in Hucknall since the late 1800s however the current station was opened in May 1944.
In total there is one Watch Manager, three Crew Managers and 13 Firefighters at Hucknall – which is home to one fire engine.
To ensure their skills are kept up to date for when they are called to emergency incidents, the crew trains at the station once a week. They are also actively involved with local community safety initiatives working in the local community to provide education and safety advice to local people.