Asking for information

Asking for Information Banner

​If you can't find the information you want on our website, you can contact us to ask for the information you want.

If you want a copy of your personal information which Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service might hold about you, please look at Data protection.

If you want a copy of a fire report, for example, to use with an insurance claim, please Contact us. We only release fire reports to people or organisations with a legal interest in the report, for example, if the report is about your property. We charge £66 for fire reports.

If you want other information that you think we hold, under the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations you can ask for any recorded information held by Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.

So if you can't find the information you want on our website, please contact us with your request, either by email, using the information on our Contact Us page

  • Please identify the information you want as clearly as possible.
  • You do not need to say you are asking for information under Freedom of Information or Environmental Information Regulations.
  • Some information may not be given to you because it is exempt, for example because it would unfairly include personal details about someone else.
  • Most information provided under Freedom of Information is free of charge. Sometimes we may charge a fee if requests require a large amount of photocopying, or need substantial time to locate or produce the requested information. If a fee is required, we will contact you to discuss options.
  • Please note that we are not under a duty to provide you with information if it exceeds the eighteen hour or £450 limit set by Government. We will, of course, inform, advise and assist you if your request is over this limit and will try to provide you with information from your request that falls within the £450 limit.
  • Further information and tips about making requests is available from the Information Commissioner's Office.


If you want to give us feedback or complain about information we publish, or about how we dealt with a request for information, please Contact us. Hopefully we can resolve your complaint.

If you are still not satisfied after our response to your complaint, you can then contact the Information Commissioner's Office. This organisation ensures compliance with Freedom of Information and may be able to help if you believe that Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service has not dealt with your complaint properly.

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire   SK9 5AF

Phone: 0303 123 1113

Live chat and online form:

© Copyright Nottingamshire Fire & Rescue Service